Mr. Annisul Huq, Founder Chairman of Mohammadi Group was also the first Mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation (2015-17). He was a versatile genius, a visionary man, a successful businessman, a person with passion for arts and culture, a media personality, a great orator and an inspirational leader. Under his unique leadership, Mohammadi Group burgeoned and spread its tentacles in multi dimension of business; RMG, Real Estate, IT, Satellite TV and finally - Power Generation. Towards the end of his life, his ventures as the Mayor DNCC left marks beyond its boundary and ushered new hope in the minds of all the people of Bangladesh. He set the milestone of doing the impossible. The people of Bangladesh deeply mourn for his short-lived life and shall be doing so for a long time to come. He left us when a leader like him was needed most.
Mr. Huq is the only Bangladeshi who headed the following major apex trade bodies in Bangladesh and in the region:
• The Founder and Chairman, Desh Energy Limited a company of Mohammadi Group (1986 – 2017)
• Former President, Bangladesh Independent Power Producers Association (BIPPA) (2014 – 2015)
• Former First Mayor, Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) (2015 – 2017)
• Former President, SAARC Chamber of Commerce and Industries (SAARC CCI) (2010 – 2012)
• Former President, Federation of Bangladesh Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FBCCI) (2008 – 2010)
• Former President, Bangladesh Garments Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) (2005 – 2006)